Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
Private Walking Tour
Offered in: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian
Seasonally: Christmas and Easter Market tour included!
- Get to know Krakow with a locally-born guide in the entertaining and easy way!
- All highlights of the Old Town of Krakow in just 3 hours!
- Friendly atmosphere!
- Answers to any question!
- Key to your stay in Krakow!
What To Expect
Would you like to know the history of Krakow and learn even more? Would you like to see the most important symbols of that city-museum in one walk? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Our tour guide and Krakow enthusiast will take you for a walk throughout the city. You will hear unique stories and anecdotes that you will not find in any historical books or even in a guide book. You will feel Krakow’s atmosphere, which is a mixture of old fashion and modernity. You will visit the most important iconic monuments, but also places that you would never find on your own, as they are indeed the secret places of „Krakusy” – the local residents.
If you really want to get to know Krakow, you need to embark on a fascinating walk through the streets and squares of Krakow, filled with treasures of each century. Our guide and city enthusiast will help you discover Krakow. You will learn the history of the city and discover Krakow through the prism of a completely new, local perspective and its numerous symbols, such as the Royal Route, St. Florian’s Gate the Main Market Square, the Cloth Hall, the Jagiellonian University, the Wawel Hill.
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Stories, anecdotes, legends, personal adventures… our guides are really willing to share them with you. Get the general orientation of the city, its history and present life in just 3 hours to be able discover it later on your own. Ask your guides about anything – Krakow has no secrets for them!
Sightseeing part I (~ 1½h)
Our professional guide will take you for the first part of the walk. You will then discover: the remains of medieval defensive walls, the Royal Route, the Main Market Square, St. Mary’s Church, the University district with Collegium Maius.
Sightseeing part II (~ 1½h)
Your guide will take you for the second part of the walk, which will lead you through the picturesque Kanonicza street to Wawel Hill You will be delighted with the splendor of this place, the beautiful Renaissance courtyard and the golden dome of the Sigismund Chapel which was built during the reign of the powerful Jagiellonian dynasty. You will discover the historical side of this place and be able to step back in time, thanks to the amazing stories and storytelling skills of your local guide.
End of the tour
You will end the visit on the Wawel Hill from where you will admire the wonderful panorama of Krakow. Later, you may want to try one of the many atmospheric restaurants recommended to you by our guide, and enjoy a delicious meal and experience the magical spirit of the city.
What to bear in mind
- How to dress – as most of the tour is outdoors, please bring adequate warm or rainproof clothing (e.g. sweaters, jackets, umbrellas). Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Disabled people and families with children – this tour is suitable for people with disabilities and people with small children.
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour – Your guide will be a local resident for whom being a guide is a regular job, not just a hobby.
- Meeting place and time: 10:00, at St. Florian’s Gate from the Barbakan side, Florianska Street, 31-019 Krakow.
- find me on the map
We kindly ask you to arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the meeting time.
- End of the tour: The Wawel Castle, Wawel 5, 31-001 Krakow.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR PRICE:
- Services of a local licensed expert guide
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 48 hours before the tour starts.
- If you cancel in less than 48 hours before that time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 48 hours before the tour starts will not be accepted.