Duration: 7-8 hours (approx.)
Private Guided Transport Tour
Offered in: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian
- Gate with „Arbeit macht frei” (Work makes you free) sign
- Brick camp barracks
- The life of prisoners from the moment they enter the gate until their death in the gas chamber and their cremation
- Wall of Death
- Gas chamber and crematorium
Auschwitz II – Birkenau
- The Guard-house
- The main gate
- Ruins of gas chambers and crematoria
- International Monument dedicated to the Victims of the Auschwitz- Birkenau Camp
- Wooden barracks
What To Expect
A visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau may be a shocking experience, but every person should see this concentration camp at least once in their lifetime and face the terrifying story of the Holocaust, as well as attempt to read human emotions inside the camp.
This is not an ordinary tour. Entering Auschwitz-Birkenau you will get the impression that for several years hell was located in this very place. Hunger, medical experiments, terror, exhausting work, diseases, executions, gas chambers, Zyklon B – all these were experienced by the people who had been brought here. Visiting the camp brings back the memory of those events, the genocide and the Holocaust. The atrocity that took place here makes you shudder. It also gives a lot to think about. Auschwitz has not fallen from the sky – do not be indifferent.
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
A visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau is a shocking experience, but people who visit it, want to see the camp at least once in their life and face the terrifying history of the Holocaust and try to read human emotions inside the camp.
Transport by private vehicle is convenient and fast – you save time.
Transfer to Auschwitz by air-conditioned vehicle (~ 1½h)
You will get into a comfortable vehicle with a friendly English-speaking driver and comfortably travel to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum. You will travel alone or with a group of your friends/family (there will be no strangers in the vehicle), but you will visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum in a group with other tourists and with an official museum educator. The museum does not offer individual tours, dedicated to you and a group of your friends.
Visiting Auschwitz I (~ 1½h)
An official museum educator will share with you a heartbreaking story in the language of your choice. Admission tickets are prepaid. You will visit:
- The gate with the „Arbeit macht frei” (Work makes you free) sign
- Brick camp barracks which now house thematic exhibitions
- The Wall of Death
- Gas chamber and crematorium
A Break after visiting Auschwitz I (~ 15 min.)
A Break for a short rest and eat the sandwich you brought.
Transfer to Auschwitz II – Birkenau (~ 10 min.)
After visiting the Auschwitz I camp, you will be transported to Auschwitz-II Birkenau in the same vehicle you used to drive to the camp.
Visiting Auschwitz-II Birkenau (~ 1½h)
Continuation of the tour at Birkenau with an official museum educator. You will visit, among the others:
- The Guardhouse and the main gate of Auschwitz-II Birkenau
- Ruins of gas chambers with crematoria
- International Monument dedicated to the Victims of the Auschwitz Camp
- Wooden barracks
Return to Krakow of the Auschwitz II – Birkenau camp (~1½h)
You will be dropped off at your hotel.
What to bear in mind
- Reservation, ID document: when booking, please provide the full names of all participants for whom you are booking the tour. For the tour please bring your ID with you. Without that you will not be admitted to the premises of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum.
- Luggage: You may bring luggage with a maximum size of 30 x 20 x 10 cm to the premises of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum. If you have larger luggage, please inform our driver.
- Your Break during sightseeing: please take a sandwich and drinking water as there is only a 15-minute break during the tour and you will not have time to buy something to eat.
- Personal and baggage control: for safety reasons, before entering the premises of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, each participant of the tour is required to undergo a personal and luggage control.
- How to dress: the museum is located in an open space where the weather can change rapidly. For this reason, please bring warm, rain-proof clothing (e.g. sweaters, jackets, umbrellas) and clothing to protect against excessive exposure to the sun (e.g. a hat, cap, sunglasses). You will travel on foot on terrain where the ground turns muddy when it rains. For this reason, please wear comfortable, waterproof footwear. Due to the nature of the tour (visiting the area of the former extermination camp), you are asked to respect the memory of the deceased and to adjust your outfit and behavior to the situation.
- Disabled people: this tour is not accessible to people with the disabilities.
- Children: if you decide to visit the Museum with small children please note that for them the sightseeing may be difficult. Uneven floors and entrances to the buildings may present obstacles, and some areas are not accessible for prams. We also do not recommend this visit for children under the age of 14, due to the drastic nature of the exhibitions.
- Toilettes: located near the museum are payable.
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour? On this tour, we use transport owned by Krakow residents. Your tour guide and driver will also be from Krakow. For these people, this is a regular full-time job which allows them to make a living. At the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, you are shown around by an official museum educator who lives nearby and belongs to the local community. All this provides residents with the benefits to your visit.
- Meeting place and time: approx. at 10.00 – at the reception of your hotel
We kindly ask you to be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the meeting time.
- End of the tour: You will return to the original pick-up point.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR PRICE:
- English speaking driver
- Services of an official museum educator – you will join a tour of 30 people organised by the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum
- Transport services – just you or a group of your friends, no strangers
- Obligatory headphones and receivers
our non-standard cancellation policy for Auschwitz-Birkenau tour:
- The entrance ticket to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum is non-refundable and this is dictated by Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum policy.
- After purchasing tickets, it is not possible to change any of the following: personal data, date and/or time of the tour.
- Up to 24 hours before the tour starts: we charge a handling fee equal to the price of the museum entrance ticket: 90 PLN p.p. / 20 EUR p.p.
- Less than 24 hours before the tour: paid amount is non-refundable